The fundamental purpose of Global School of Sports Ministry is to identify and train committed Christian leadership in the effective use and understanding of sports ministry.
Sports ministry, simply defined, is any program or strategy that uses sports as a vehicle to fulfill Christ’s command to go into all the world and make disciples of all nations. It is using sports to evangelize and disciple with the emphasis on making disciples.
GSSM is a training program that uses online instruction coupled with selected practicums to equip dedicated men and women to become sports ministry leaders.
In order to successfully complete the course, each student must initiate and maintain a sports outreach program through their local church for a period of three or more years. All programs must be self-sustaining.
GSSM will continue to monitor, encourage, consult and, when appropriate, send mission teams to assist and give credibility to the new programs initiated by the GSSM students.
To train prospective sports ministry leaders in the effective use of sports as a tool of evangelism and discipleship with an emphasis on discipleship.
To initiate effective, viable sports ministry programs around the world in order to fulfill Christ’s command to go and make disciples of all nations.
A distance learning program that is individually paced in being offered over the internet or through traditional correspondence by post. On-site instruction and consultation available throughout the year fro all students and churches.
Each potential sports minister will be required to initiate a sports ministry program in his or her region in order to complete the practicum aspect of the curriculum. The student commits to running the program for a period of 3 or more years. Each program must be self-sustaining.
Global School of Sports Ministry will network with other Christian agencies and organizations to enhance the training program.
All applicants will be carefully screened before being admitted to Global School of Sports Ministry. The number of students will be limited in order to insure a quality education and allow for individual attention.
Length of Course
The basic course will take 18 months to complete. Students who successfully pass the basic course will have the option to extend their studies in order to obtain an advanced diploma.
Each student will be asked to participate in one or more of the practicums directed by GSSM staff. These will serve to help the student better understand the organization and implementation of outreach programs prior to beginning a program of their own.
Scholarships have been provided to those from developing countries that will cover the cost of this training program. However, students from non-developing countries are asked to consider making a donation towards the cost of their training.
A board of directors from Global School of Sports Ministry will provide general oversight for the program. Specific assistance will be provided by board members with expertise in education.
Global School of Sports Ministry is non-denominational. However, the school is supported by a number of evangelical churches, organizations and individuals.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father and in His personal return to power and glory.
4. We believe that, for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and lost; that they are saved unto the resurrection of life and that they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.